Wednesday, December 31, 2014

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF : PREDICTIONS

The 1St College Football Playoff is finally here. All of the built up anticipation since the death of the BCS can finally be released. Will Famous Jameis be enough to override Oregon’s high flying attack? Will Saban bring the trophy back to the state of Alabama. These are all questions that need answers and they will finally be answered Thursday on New Year’s Day! Our thoughts and predictions are as follows!

                                                                    FLORIDA STATE V.S. OREGON

Derrick-
Game 1 features the only team that hasn’t lost a game in 2 years in Florida State and reigning Heisman winner Marcus Mariota and the Oregon Ducks. At first glance, you might think Oregon will win this one easily. I mean they’ve blown out better teams than Florida State has struggled with. They’re fast and have playmakers all over the field. But the one thing Florida State has proven in 2 years is that they simply don’t know how to lose. No matter the venue, the score, or time remaining the Seminoles have found a way to overcome every challenge. Despite all of the off field distractions for this team, they have not been denied…YET. A lot rides on this game. You have the 2 most recent Heisman winners fighting for a chance to play in the national championship, and there’s a very good chance that the quarterback who wins this game will go #1 in the upcoming NFL draft. I think Oregon wins this game A LOT closer than that crazy spread! Jameis will battle but in the end I think Mariota makes one more play..
Oregon 34
Florida State 28

Jalynn-

I think this one will be a high scoring, fast paced, entertaining game. We all know how much pride Jameis Winston has and how he wants to bring Florida State’s “swag” back. There won’t be a bigger stage (including the National Championship game) for him to do just that. You’ll have the newly crowned Heisman Trophy winner vs. last year’s winner, the two top QB prospects in the upcoming NFL Draft possibly making one last effort to prove to scouts that they have what it takes to play at the next level, Florida State finally having a chance to prove they are worthy of some respect and Oregon who needs to get over the hump and finally make it to and win the National Championship game. It should be a lot of fireworks but, in the end, I think Oregon having the advantage of playing on the West Coast will be too much for Florida State.

Oregon 42
Florida State 38

                                                     OHIO STATE V.S. ALABAMA
                                      
Derrick-

The second matchup pits the 2 best coaches in the country (IMO), against each other. They bring with them 2 of college football’s biggest powerhouses. Alabama comes in as a big favorite and they should. They’ve won 3 of the last 5 championships and have 4-5 star recruits all over the field. They have the best receiver in football, and a great defense. While Ohio State comes in with a solid running game, and they have some good playmakers on defense, they also bring a very inexperienced quarterback making only his 2nd career start. You give a Nick Saban defense this long to prepare for an opponent and that’s a bad mix!! I don’t think see this going well for Urban and the Buckeyes. Alabama is ready to retake the crown and continue being the number 1 college football program in America!

Alabama 27
Ohio State 10
Jalynn-
I see this game going one of two ways, either it will be a barn burner where Ohio State will be this year’s Auburn and come up with a miracle to win the game…. Or Alabama will overwhelm them early and run away with it. I’m leaning more towards the latter. You give Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin a month to prepare for a team that has never seen the likes of Amari Cooper or Blake Sims and playing with their 3rd String QB, I’ll put my money on them all day, every day, twice a day. I know how impressive Ohio State looked with Jones running the show against Wisconsin, but let’s face facts the kid had to be 3rd string for a reason. I find it hard to believe that if that’s something he can consistently do, that he would be fine playing behind not one but TWO QB’s. And then you add the fact that he’ll be facing an SEC giant defense led by All-American Safety Landon Collins, yeaaaaaaa it could get ugly.
Or I could be completely wrong and the “Cinderella” story of Ohio State and its QB injury issues could continue…….but I doubt it.
Alabama 34
Ohio State 13
 
So there you have it, a college football fan’s dream. 4 of the best and biggest programs in the land battling for a spot in the championship! Should be a great way to kick off the new year! Enjoy and look forward to the next blog!
 
 
 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment